Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bronzing

4/6
The locals must think we are crazy, they cover themselves head to toe in order to avoid the sun and we lay out in it. I mean not just pants and long sleeves but socks, gloves, face masks and those straw hats you always think of when you think of Vietnam. Having white skin is considered beautiful.

Today a miracle happened: I got Michael up and out of the room before 10! We had the scooter until 1300 so we said we'd have breakfast in the town center. I usually feel bad waking him but he already had 8 hours and I was wide awake at 0630 so I wasn't waiting any longer. After breakfast we took a drive and got some pictures of the fishing village. We've seen a few episodes of The Amazing Race since we've been here and we saw one where they had to cross a river to get to a castle in these round boats that looked like turtle shells. I have no idea what season it is from but I remember an Asian team of dad and son. They use those boats here to fish its pretty amusing since on the show no one looked graceful in it.

After that we spent the afternoon at the pool going back and forth about where we are going to live. We got no where. At this point we need a palm reader or someone to make the decision for us. We're hopeless. We did book our flight to NY, we'll be there on the 25th. Dad we need a ride from the airport :)

Pics:
I've been wanting a whole coconut since we got here and today I tried it, the milk is ok, I think it would be better cold but the fresh coconut was so good.
For our amazing race fans, here's the boat


1 comment:

  1. Mom and Dad will be picking you up from the airport!

    ReplyDelete