Thursday, June 21, 2012

Christmas in June

We are blessed with a 9/80 work schedule which means we work 9 hour days and get every other Friday off. What did we do on our first off Friday...MOVE!! It might seem like moving is one of my favorite things to do since we do it a lot, this was my twelfth move in 7 years but I hate it just as much as everyone else. The move was rather painless, in a last minute panic I hired two guys to help and three small hours we were in our new apartment.
This was the second time in two years that our life was in storage so unpacking is kind of like Christmas. I got my electric toothbrush back, found my stash of chapstick and had a whole new wardrobe including a huge box of shoes! At first it was very exciting but when it comes to picking what to wear I find that it was much easier when I only had two options, holy tank top one or holy tank top two.
We have about half of everything unpacked and don't plan on unpacking the rest. Our friend Greg thinks that we'll be completely unpacked in 6 months and he's probably right. As of now I just unpacked minimal things: 4 plates, a set of bowls, a few cups and wine glasses but as I cook and bake more I think I'll be looking for things that are still packed. The dining room will be our storage area until we sort out our lives.
We were action packed the rest of the weekend. Attended a birthday party for a friends kid, went to a beach bonfire to watch the summer fireworks, went to dinner with Andrew and Alicia, and went food shopping!!! YEAH for no more eating out!!!

Pics: not in order as usual
- The 70s called and asked if we want to visit ... we said YES! Dark paneling, no dishwasher and a fire place all ours for the next 6 months
- the great thing about your friends having kids is that you get to play with them. Siena is the daughter of our San Diego besties Greg and Marisa
- Andrew and Alicia ready for a night out. Our dinners together are numbered, he got stationed on the east coast :(
- Happiness is finding your bag of Chapstick!!!
- Where else in the world can you watch fireworks while having a bonfire on the beach and be wearing pants in June!
- Locating all the pieces of my electric toothbrush is like riding a unicorn through a chocolate filled lake
- Michael might look like he's taking a break but he was actually doing sit ups

No comments:

Post a Comment