Sunday, March 18, 2012

Big Deal

3/18/12:

Finally, the people of Cambodia recognize that I'm kind of a Big Deal ...

Walking into a restaurant during a brief bus stop, we're greeted by a young waiter who can see we're looking for a toilet: 'Sir, the bathroom is right this way.' pointing to a colorful sign with 'Gents' written on it. 'Why thank you mr young Cambodian man' I say as I quietly remark to myself how pleasant everyone is. Walking into the bathroom I'm greeted with a splendidly clean, tiled room with individual urinals along the wall. Clearly this place is not for mere mortals. Stepping up to the plate (so to speak), I realize that this is indeed a bathroom fit for a king. I mean only commoners pee into warm water. We kings of the road, princes of the hostel, knights of the scooter ... We only pee in the finest chilled water!


No comments:

Post a Comment